Oral Surgery: Extractions, Pain, Swelling and Dental Abscess Relief
At Roman Dental we treat a wide range of problems in both adults and children including (extraction) removal of teeth.
Extractions are performed for a wide variety of reasons, including:
- Tooth decay that is non-repairable, sometimes painful, making the tooth hopeless
- Impaction or problematic wisdom teeth
- An “extra” tooth that blocks normal tooth development and positioning.
- Removal to reduce crowding, creating space for orthodontic treatment
- Denture surgery • Dental implant placement and bone grafting
Wisdom Teeth Extractions
- Wisdom teeth are third molars that usually appear between the ages of 16 and 25 at the back of the mouth.
- Wisdom teeth can grow unnoticed until they start to cause issues in the mouth.
- They are commonly extracted when they affect other teeth or get lodged beside other teeth because the jaw is too small.
- During regular visits, dentists monitor the development of wisdom teeth and may recommend extraction if potential exists for infection or damage to adjacent teeth.
- Wisdom teeth, or other hopeless teeth, can be comfortably removed using I V sedation. Intravenous sedation provides comfortable, anxiety–free dental treatment. People rarely have any memory of the tooth removal event.